Terms and conditions of use DIGIKOOB - Editura Sigma
Country of residence: Romania
2. Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We collect information from you directly, automatically when you visit the Service, and, in some instances, from third parties. Some of this information may be considered “personal information” under various applicable laws. We consider information that identifies you as a specific, identified individual (such as your name and e-mail address) to be personal information. We will also treat additional information, including IP addresses and cookie identifiers, as “personal information” where required by applicable law. We may take your personal information and de-identify it so as to make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals and/or by hashing the information or otherwise removing characteristics that make the information personally identifiable directly to you. We will treat de-identified information as non-personal to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, address, email address birth date and telephone number.
When you pay for an electronic book, a training test, for the access to an online competition or any other electronic product available on our website, DIGIKOOB may receive your payment information, including the payment ID issued from the payment service provider you use.
3. How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
• Provide, operate, and maintain our website
• Improve, personalize, and expand our website
• Understand and analyze how you use our website
• Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
• Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
• Send you emails
• Find and prevent fraud
• Log Files
DIGIKOOB follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
We may send communications relating to the DIGIKOOB products to an Account holder’s e-mail address, such as test reminders or our service/product information. You may be able adjust your communication preferences in the Settings menu of your Account or by following the instructions in any marketing email we send you.
4. Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, https://digikoob.net/ uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
5. Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that DIGIKOOB has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
6. Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
7. Data Retention; Managing Your Information
We will retain the information described in Section 2 for as long as you use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter.
In addition, we may need to keep your information for an additional period of time to comply with applicable legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. Once your information is removed from active databases, the information may remain on backup or storage media to the extent allowed by applicable law.
You may review and request that DIGIKOOB delete any personal information that the Service has collected and retained about you or Challengers you have registered. If you would like to request access to or the deletion of any personal information we may have about you or your Challengers, please send an email to [email protected] with the specific nature of your request. When submitting your request, you must include your first and last name, email address, and zip code or mailing address. You may be asked to provide additional proof of identification so that we can verify your identity and validate the request. We may limit the number of requests to which we will respond each year as permitted by applicable law.
8. Restrictions on the use of information by third parties
Any third parties to whom we disclose your personal information in accordance with the above are limited (by law and contract) in their ability to use your personal information only for the purposes specifically identified by us. We will always ensure that any third parties to whom we disclose your personal information are subject to the obligations of confidentiality and security in accordance with the contracts signed with them and the applicable laws. However, for the avoidance of doubt, this may not be applicable when disclosure is not our decision.
Except as expressly set forth above, we will never disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party without notice to you and, where applicable, without your consent.
9. Transfer of information outside the European Union
Personal information may be processed by our staff operating outside the EEA, other members of our group or third party data controllers for the purposes mentioned above.
If we provide any personal information about you to such entities outside the EEA, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that the recipient adequately protects your personal information in accordance with this information note. These measures include:
• in the case of service providers based in the USA, concluding with them standard contractual agreements approved by the European Commission or ensuring that they have enrolled in the Privacy Shield program (see further https://www.privacyshield.gov / Welcome); or
• in the case of service providers based in countries other than the EEA (including Japan), the conclusion of standard contractual agreements of the European Commission with them.
More details about the steps we take to protect your personal information in these cases are available from us, upon request, by contacting us.
10. Delivery Policy
1) You confirm that all information provided by you when placing an order is complete, accurate and up-to-date so as to allow DigiKoob to fulfill your order, and you will promptly update such information to keep it complete and accurate. You may update your information via DigiKoobMyAccount.
2) If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or if DigiKoob has reason to believe that the information you provided is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, DigiKoob may: (a) suspend or terminate your account; (b) if permitted by applicable law, use electronic self-help means to terminate your ability to access the products; and/or (c) terminate this agreement.
3) You will maintain the confidentiality of your password, user ID, and other account credentials. You shall immediately notify DigiKoob of any unauthorized use of your account credentials, or any other breach of security that is known or suspected by you.
4) Within your DigiKoob MyAccount, you will be requested to enter and save your payment details to facilitate the payment of your future purchases. We shall store such payment details on our secure servers. You may choose that we do not store your payment details, in which case you shall be asked to enter all of your payment details for every new or additional order you place with us. You can update or manage your payment options using your DigiKoob MyAccount at any time.
5) Your use of your DigiKoob MyAccount is personal to you. You shall not assign your rights or delegate your obligations under this agreement, in whole or in part. As an entity you may assign your rights, except when we forbids it, with prior written consent from us. This agreement shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
6) You consent to the use of electronic communications in transacting business with DigiKoob, including, without limitation, the electronic delivery of notices and other documents to you and our receipt of notices and other documents from you. If at any time you would like to cease doing business electronically with DigiKoob, you will need to provide DigiKoob with written notice of your withdrawal of your consent to do business electronically, which will then terminate this consent. Thereafter, you shall not use this website to place any orders, and any notices and documents from DigiKoob will be provided to you on paper.
7) Digital content is made available for download immediately upon payment method approval via 2Checkout. Links to access 2Checkout are displayed at the end of the checkout process and in the instruction provided in the email receipt. In the case of redemption/ authorization codes, content is available immediately after redemption of code.
8) Prices are as specified on the website; DigiKoob only has the the right to adjust prices of products in an order if such adjustment is caused by increases in delivery costs, the increase or imposition of any tax, duty or other levy, any variation in exchange rates, or any programming, data or other errors that count as apparent mistakes on the website or in the order ("EU Permitted Price Adjustments"). Prices for the products specified on the website are exclusive of shipping, handling, duties, and taxes, all of which shall be paid by you.
9) If applicable, prior to product delivery, DigiKoob will notify you in writing via email of any "EU Permitted Price Adjustments" (a "Notification Email"). The Notification Email will be sent to you at the email address that we have in our records for you. By no later than the deadline set forth in the Notification Email, you may cancel your order for the product for which the price was increased (a) via DigiKoob My Account or (b) by sending a reply email to the Notification Email. If you do not so cancel your order within said deadline, you accept the new prices and conditions for the product as set forth in the Notification Email.
10) You shall make payment for your order prior to product delivery and by one of the methods that are indicated on the Website (or by such other method as may be mutually agreed upon in writing by you and DigiKoob). When you place your order, DigiKoob will charge the credit or debit card that you provided to DigiKoob. If you do not pay applicable taxes to DigiKoob for the product, you must report and pay any applicable taxes to the appropriate governmental agencies.
11) DigiKoob reserves the right to verify your credit or debit card payments. In case of any non-payment to DigiKoob following product delivery, DigiKoob, without notification to you, shall have the right to repossess and resell such products, and you hereby grant DigiKoob all rights available under applicable law, including, without limitation, the right to use electronic self-help means to terminate your ability to access the products, or otherwise repossess or reclaim the products from you. As between you and DigiKoob, you shall be responsible for any fraudulent or unauthorized transactions made through the website, including, without limitation, using your account credentials, credit card or debit card.
12) All delivery dates (whether provided on the website, in an order confirmation, or elsewhere) are estimates only and not a guarantee that any the products will be delivered by a given date. Delivery will be made to the address you provided to DigiKoob for your order. You must immediately notify DigiKoob via DigiKoob MyAccount of any errors or omissions in the DigiKoob Order confirmation notice at the website or in the DigiKoob payment notification that is sent to you at the email address that we have in our records for you. DigiKoob reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to impose additional charges for any adjustments you make to an order (e.g., delivery address) after you submit an order.
11. Refund/Return Policy
1) DigiKoob does not offer refunds or a return of digital downloads and the associated transaction fees.
2) All risk of loss for the products shall pass to you upon delivery of the products to the location specified in your order (even if no signature is required for delivery). You agree and by placing your order have explicitly acknowledged that for your purchase of products in the form of digital content, Our performance under the agreement is completed upon delivery. For products made available on tangible mediums, upon your refusal or failure to take delivery of the products, all risk of loss for the products will pass to you and, upon the demand of DigiKoob, you shall pay DigiKoob for the products plus any additional amounts incurred by DigiKoob as a result of your refusal or failure to take delivery of the products, including, without limitation, attempting delivery of the products by any reasonable means, or storing the products. DigiKoob will be entitled to dispose of the products in such manner as it sees fit if you have not taken delivery of the products within thirty (30) days after (a) the scheduled date of delivery or (b) the date on which delivery was first attempted, whichever is later.
3) Title to the products (or, if licensed, your copy of the products) will pass to you when DigiKoob receives payment in full for the products (including, without limitation, any interest and other amounts due for the products).
12. GDPR Data Protection Rights
What rights do you have, as a user of DIGIKOOB?
The regulation recognizes to the data subjects a series of 8 important rights (the operator is the one obliged to ensure their observance):
1) The right to information - art. 13 and 14 GDPR. It allows the data subjects to know, right from the moment the collection is made, how those data will be used, to whom they will be disclosed or transferred, what rights the persons in question have regarding the processed data, etc.
2) The right of access to data - art. 15 GDPR. It allows you to obtain, from us, a confirmation that personal data concerning you are being processed or not and, if so, access to the respective data and other useful information.
3) The right to delete data - art. 17 GDPR. It allows you to obtain from us the deletion of personal data concerning you, without undue delay. There are, however, exceptions to this rule, such as the idea that some data is processed to give the public the right to information, that it is processed for statistical or archival purposes, that it is processed to fulfill a legal obligation or that we process it for finding or defending a right in court.
4) The right to data rectification - art. 16 GDPR. It allows you to obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
5) The right to data restriction - art. 18 GDPR. It is a temporary right. In some situations, between the moment when, for example, we make the decision to delete certain data (we no longer need personal data for the purpose of processing) and the actual deletion of data, you send us a request opposing the deletion, motivating the fact that you need this data to establish, exercise or defend a right in court. As a result of such a request, we will "freeze" the data by stopping their processing for a certain period of time.
6) The right to data portability - art. 20 GDPR. You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to the operator (which processes them under a contract or under your consent, by automatic means) in a structured format, commonly used and which can be read automatically and you have the right to transmit this data to another operator, without obstacles on our part. In other words, your personal data will be provided to you, in a structured format, so that you can decide to download them or, on the contrary, to send them to another operator.
7) The right to opposition - art. 21 GDPR. You have the right to object, for example, to the processing of your personal data, when they are processed for direct marketing purposes. In order to be clearer in how you can exercise this right, it should be mentioned, for example, that in all newsletters that come from DIGIKOOB (whether we are talking about newsletters that offer only information or newsletters that promote DIGIKOOB services or products) you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe. We offer this possibility in absolutely all situations, regardless of whether the law obliges us or not (not all emails from us are considered to be direct marketing), because we think it is important that your interaction with DIGIKOOB exists only as long as you want it.
8) The right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automatic processing, including the creation of profiles, which produces legal effects concerning the data subject or affects him in a similar way to a significant extent. DIGIKOOB does not make such profiling to be followed by automated decisions with legal or similar significant effect for the data subject. At the time we make such profiling, we will notify you and modify this information note.
9) The right to submit a complaint to the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing. B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, Sector 1, postal code / l 010336, Bucharest, Romania. +40.318.059.211 / +40.318.059.212, [email protected].
13. Children's Information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
https://digikoob.net/ does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
14. Please also consider the following:
1) Period of time:
We will try to respond to your request within 30 days and we may extend this deadline for specific reasons related to the complexity of your request. In all cases, if this period is extended, we will inform you about the extension term and about the reasons that led to it.
2) Restricting access:
In certain situations, we may not be able to give you access to all or some of your personal data due to legal provisions. If we refuse your request for access, we will inform you of the reason for the refusal.
3) Without identification:
In some cases, we may not be able to search for your personal data due to the identifiers you provide in your request. In such cases, if we are unable to identify you as the data subject, we are unable to comply with your request. to exercise the legal rights described in this section, unless you provide additional information that allows you to identify yourself. We will inform you and give you the opportunity to provide such additional details.
4) Exercise of legal rights:
To exercise your legal rights, please access your DIGIKOOB account. If the desired operation cannot be performed directly in your account, please contact us at [email protected].
DIGIKOOB is committed to protecting your personal data against loss, misuse, disclosure, modification, unavailability, unauthorized access and destruction and takes all reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of such data, including by using appropriate organizational and technical measures. Organizational measures include controlling physical access to our headquarters, training staff and locking physical files in storage cabinets. Technical measures include the use of encryption, passwords for access to our systems, the use of SSL security certificates, for encrypting data in transit, etc.
During the provision of your personal data to you, personal data may be transferred over the Internet. Although we make every effort to protect the personal data you provide to us, the transmission of information between you and us on the Internet is not completely secure (it is possible that the terminal on which you write is monitored by third parties, for example, without we can do nothing about it). Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted over the Internet. You understand, therefore, that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to it.
6) Changes in the information note
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change our privacy practices and to update and make changes to this information note at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to permanently return to this note. This document is current from the date it appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner compatible with the notice of confidentiality on the basis of which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat it differently.
7) Contact information
Please ask us your questions regarding the object of data protection and any requests in the exercise of your legal rights to the following contact details:
Email: [email protected]
Address: DigiKoob - Sigma Publishing House, no. 38, G-ral Berthelot Street, 010169, Bucharest, Romania
We will investigate and try to resolve any request or complaint regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information.
If you are not satisfied with our answer, you can make a complaint to the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing.
You can find more information here: dataprotection.ro